The Level 2 Certificate in Practical Horticulture focuses on developing essential horticultural skills. These not only offer opportunities for employment, but provide the foundation for further skills development at level 3, and an opportunity for amateur gardeners to hone their practical skills to get the most from their own gardens.
Each candidate has their own dedicated plot in the grounds of Lamport Hall which is worked on from September-June to gain the skills and knowledge of a full season. A large heated greenhouse is also used to learn propagation skills. Produce may be taken home by the candidate when it is ready for harvest. Composting, irrigation and many other transferable skills are covered.
£1499 for the year. Includes all assessment and certification fees, recommended textbook,tools, equipment and refreshments (not lunch) RHS Membership is also included.
Wednesdays 9.30-2.30 at Lamport Hall, NN6 9HD from September 13th, 2017
- Soil Testing
- Sowing seeds and vegetative propagation techniques
- Practical skills in ground preparation for seeding and planting
- Practical skills in establishing seeds and plants in soil
- Care and pruning of plants
- Identification of a range of common garden plants, weeds, pests, diseases and disorders and beneficial organisms
- Practical skills in vegetable growing
Contact us on 01933 234928 to book or click on the button below.Book a Course